sugarbot's aim is to provide testing and automation facilities for the OLPC Project's Sugar GUI. The project must first identify and evaluate possible implementation options, and then implement the best choice. Although it has a Sugar focus, sugarbot should be easily extensible to other Python-based GUI's.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Combo boxes working, wrapping up

Got the combo-boxes working the way I want them to. I realized that convenience-handling for each and every Widget type is not something that is [1] perhaps not entirely necessary and [2] certainly not entirely necessary right this instant. With that in mind, I'll be wrapping up/documenting the code for an initial 0.1 release on Friday.

I'll be working on another screencast that will demonstrate integration with buildbot, automated launching of sugarbot and Sugar, as well as the new Python scripting abilities. Overall, I'm very pleased with where I am right now.

It's been a lot of fun developing for GSoC/the Python Org/One Laptop Per Child, and I'm sad to see the summer come to an end (less free time to work on it) in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my motivation up to keep development going.

Once I have the GSoC-final screencast up, I plan on publishing it to all of the mailing lists. Thanks to Grig and Titus for providing me with guidance and advice throughout the summer, you guys are really great. Also, thanks to those of you on the mailing lists and IRC channels that also provided tips, insight, and advice that made those obscure API problems so much simpler.

Zach

No comments: