sugarbot's aim is to provide testing and automation facilities for the OLPC Project's Sugar GUI. The project must first identify and evaluate possible implementation options, and then implement the best choice. Although it has a Sugar focus, sugarbot should be easily extensible to other Python-based GUI's.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Sugarbot/buildbot integration is complete. I only have one port opened on the box that it's running on, but you can access it here: http://126.96.36.199:22. To access that with Firefox, you need to change a setting. I'm working on getting a different port opened.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
- Masquerading as any Activity while retaining all functionality
- Hooks into PyGTK library to intercept GDK Events to catalog widgets
- Intelligent identification of widgets based on widget class to give each widget a unique identifier
- Manipulation of many types of widgets using generic commands like 'click' and 'type'
- Multithreaded execution routine prevents hang-ups (prior versions would stall once the calls to the GTK handler stopped due to inactivity)
- Custom scripting language with support for advanced string manipulation [will soon be replaced by native Python code]
- XML-RPC client/server interface allows the scripts to be stored on a central machine, while sugarbot may be run on any number of slaves.
- Per-command status reporting and graceful error handling
- Does not rely on any libraries or modules outside those already provided by Sugar and Python
- Automated testing provided via buildbot and python-nose.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Well that was pretty friggin simple. Only a few *hours* of Googling for that one. The buildbot is not yet publicly accessible, but it now runs all 70 tests just fine. My Google-fu has truly failed me :-(. In my defense, I did find the solution earlier, but the prior finds didn't mention that the "xhost +" command had to be run as root.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
from sugar.graphics import Palette
I don't have a machine that I can put the buildbot on that can be accessed remotely (yet), but I should have a shiny new Dell any day now (it was ordered ~3 weeks ago) for my work with Univ. of Houston that I can throw a buildbot on.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] Log opened.
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] twistd 2.2.0 (/usr/bin/python 2.5.2) starting up
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] reactor class: twisted.internet.selectreactor.SelectReactor
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] Loading buildbot.tac...
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] Loaded.
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] loading configuration from /home/buildmaster/APP/master.cfg
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] error while parsing config file
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] error during loadConfig
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/scripts/twistd.py", line 182, in startApplication
app.startApplication(application, not config['no_save'])
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/application/app.py", line 298, in startApplication
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/application/service.py", line 196, in startService
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/buildbot/master.py", line 407, in startService
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/buildbot/master.py", line 462, in loadTheConfigFile
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/buildbot/master.py", line 480, in loadConfig
exec f in localDict
File "/home/buildmaster/APP/master.cfg", line 4, in
from buildbot.process import step, factory
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] The new config file is unusable, so I'll ignore it.
2008/07/03 20:26 CDT [-] I will keep using the previous config file instead.
Ran 70 tests in 0.581s
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Unless something in xmlrpclib or SimpleXMLRPCServer breaks (which isn't something I can do much about), you end up with the same results. I can't believe I wasted this much time on the problem!!!
- Trying to keep it pretty...
- It's Alive!!!
- Mutliple Clients, Return Status
- Multiple Clients
- Big Changes
- Somebody please tell me why the following code doe...
- So Close!
- Missing Something
- Sugarbot Diagram
- Stateful XML-RPC Server
- Full automation
- Automated Launching: Go!
- Launching Activities Automatically
- Mid-Summer Screencast
- O ya
- Wierd logging issue...
- Buildbot is [almost] working
- Buildbot Up and Running
- Ideas??? Buildbot complains...
- Next Step
- Feels good
- More difficult than it needed to be...
- ▼ July (27)