sugarbot's aim is to provide testing and automation facilities for the OLPC Project's Sugar GUI. The project must first identify and evaluate possible implementation options, and then implement the best choice. Although it has a Sugar focus, sugarbot should be easily extensible to other Python-based GUI's.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Contacts and Krstić

On a note completely unrelated to sugarbot, I got my contacts today. Not sure whether I like them better than my glasses or not. I suppose now I can't look like an idiot with glasses slid halfway down my face.

Grig sent me a link to a blog/notebook entry by Ivan Krstić, which talks in a no-bullshit manner about OLPC XO laptops' potential use of Windows as an available operating system. I share his view on the topic, which is, paraphrased: "BFD. The OS is not important. What's important is kids learning."

On a side note, I find it interesting that there is another individual that shares my interest in "breaking computers" that also enjoys "making computers harder to break even more" that also likes road biking. I should like to meet Ivan sometime, perhaps go for a ride.

No comments: