sugarbot's aim is to provide testing and automation facilities for the OLPC Project's Sugar GUI. The project must first identify and evaluate possible implementation options, and then implement the best choice. Although it has a Sugar focus, sugarbot should be easily extensible to other Python-based GUI's.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Playing with peekaboo

Was playing around with basic PyGTK and peekaboo today. Nifty little utility, but I can't get it to auto-refresh for the life of me. Dunno what's up with that. The fact that you can do what (I assume) figleaf/peekaboo does is amazing. Makes me want to take it apart to see how it works. But I've got other stuff to do in the meantime.

Being that I've devoured enough of Dive Into Python (the first 60 pages or so?), I think I'm going to take up a prior recommendation and try to get a concoction of a self-made calculator app and peekaboo running tomorrow. I wish that gtk.Widget was documented properly. All of gtk.Widget's function.__doc__ strings are the same crud. All that potential, and it doesn't get used. Oh well.

No comments: